Monday, August 18, 2008

TARcollege convo

Being invited to Tunku Abdul Rahman College’s Convocation recently, spent the morning being my friends’ photographer.

And for once, I felt the pressure of taking down one of the most precious moment in someone’s life. It can never be easy as all the pictures taken must be as flawless as possible. Chances seldom come twice, and those folks usually lose their natural candid smile after the first shot. And it was tiring standing under the sun in the midst of such a big crowd of graduates.


Hundreds of graduates with their thousands of personal photographers.

But the rewarding part of holding a camera that day loitering that day, is when everyone gives you their best smile ever.

No matter how slow I make my metering adjustment (which is seriously slow), they neither shout nor show their impatience to me, and those poor folks didn’t even for one moment relax their widely stretched lips.


girls smile sweeter towards SLRs than towards my kind of compact cameras

It was those beautiful glimmering smile, it was those candid element, and it was their rushing adrenaline of joy and pride, which just kept me going under the hot glaring sun.

Though the lightings that day aren’t anywhere perfect, I have nothing to complain, the willing models and the eventual great pics are simply satisfying.

Congratulations to Hoe Yee, Kar Bing and Ah Sang. A bright future awaits you guys...


(and not this big mouth guy who haven’t even started his first year degree)

Cheers!

No comments: