Monday, September 22, 2008

strings on my feet

And so, off I go…

I had quite a rough journey for the past 3 months, switching uni, delayed visa, sodomy charges… I am not in my best mood, I struggled, and at certain points I got really fed up, miserable, annoyed…

But I had great companies, along the way, in McD’s or with sms-es, playing badminton or blasting our throats off in Red Box…dudes who gave me encouragements,gals whose concerns lifted me up, as tall as I can ever be..

my dear Kuala Perlis primary school mates

Until this chapter of my life, I shall say, I do not have a best friend. I have no one single friend who can say he/she knows me from fat to skinny, young to old…

ILL Divos- Sihan (not as tall as he seems :p) and Joash

Yet I am blessed, with so, so many, good friends… great friends… who companied me at some point of my life, who brought me little (if any) tears, and plenty and plenty of laughter and joy.

Hoe yee and Ah Sang

And shamefully, some of us got different paths and directions, and we parted, we stopped to forward lame sms-es, and we met new companies, but it doesn’t mean you are a less great company...

JingYong, Jing Wen, Madam Ong and Li Ling

* * *

For the past 3 months, besides cramming my time with tv shows, I traveled as much as my wallet allows I could. I was fortunate to meet up with friends who are old and lost long-lost old friends, friends scattered around with their own endeavours, yet still found the time and petrol fuel to bring this kampong boy around many cities.

Siawjing who brought me around Sarawak..

and it is always my fault, "I have to go early", "I have things to do", "I need to go home", "spend time with my parents"…excuses i always use..

oh how I wished our days will never end…

D.O.C juniors

I met some new friends, juniors, whom our paths may not overlap each others, but will no doubt be my great companies one day, if my kamma does allow…

2008 D.o.C. juniors and superjuniors(alamak.. why its always me holding the camera)

I thank you, all of you, for the time spent, crapping, talking, eating, singing, recollecting memories, political discussions

Hoe Yee and Seng Keat

I believe every of our meetings should never have an end… I believe we can talk from dusk to dark…and I believe we could have so so much great time together…

my archi juniors and Kim

But life doesn’t seem to work out the way we believe,

SuPing,Amelia,Su Fen,Aik Bu and Seng Keat

…we became friends…yet at some point...our path diverged, and we meet other new girl friends…

Archi6-Icam, Muhsin, Az, Aneesah, Kim + Miss Pauline

and there are many others, I promised to meet up with in the last 3 months…

sorry Eric… I didn’t turn up :(

Cheung Boon

Certainly, I can give many excuses…but nothing can take away the regret of not having a great time with each and everyone of you…

archi juniors (aneesah and kim posing at the left)

friends, I may not have your pictures taken with me, I may not have posted on this stupid blog, but that doesn’t mean my time with you are less memorable.. (it simply means I must buy new camera batteries)

Kar Bing and Kay Ewe

JiaJi, my Ipoh voluntary tour guide...thank you.. hehe


2 weeks awaiting my visa, flights cancellations etc, and all of a sudden, I need to go… I had barely any time to bid farewell to each and everyone of you…

I am having the worst departure one can expect (from the world's 'best' airport, KLIA)

* * *

I may be travelling off to a strange nation, friends, yet I am bounded, with so so many strings tied on my feet…

Su Ping

I cant promise these strings will bound us together…

But I can promise, there will always be knobs around my feet… and I will make sure they are tied as strongly as I could…

Khean Kim, Christine, Jin Hao, the others appeared, so no need mention liao la...

The strings might snap one day..


A reunion early this year- Kevyn, his friend, Alvin, Jer Yenn, Hoe Yee, Irene, Amrita (now in India)

but before that, the further I am pulled away by the wind…

...the more deep and obvious, the scars will be…


p/s: dear friends, pls stop asking me to bring back a blonde girlfriend, you see, I don’t like bringing back ppl who are tumpangs in my dearest country :)

6 comments:

Kimberly said...

aw pc ur post is so sweet..YEah i feel u man, after going thru so much n suddenly u need to go, but knowing u, u'd adapt anywhere and make friends with everyone, so have fun in Belfast, visit us anytime, and take care ok? When we come vsit u, better prepare a 1st class accom. for us! :P
Miss ya! all d best!

Donovan Tan said...

well written dude. hope you can keep us updated about yourself with this blog.

take care !

Sihan said...

Finally the penumpang is gone...

I will miss u, as a crap-mate, as a penumpang, as a friend, as a buddy and as a lifetime teacher. (No sarcasm :P)

Thx for the wonderful years you spent with us and may u succeed in your future.

Pls come back and serve the government, parliament needs u, Anwar who clearly short of 'number' needs u as well.


Good Luck.

arJay said...

in a way, i realized where is my face on kien seng's face on ur blog??? should we both be somehow important person in ur life while u are in INTEC? disappointed man...

Ha ha.. kidding la.. our PC has a long list of friends i guess... :P

Rique K Swee said...

Got blog didn't tell me? haha... Naw, glad that i found it though i got not much time to read now... Wil b back soon~~

HeartzOfGold said...

eh u bugger. come ipoh didn't tell me?!? haha

eh sihan damn pissed u noe. everyone in uni has been diagnosing him wif Marfan syndrome. =D meddie nuts